Day 1: Performance and Insight: Operations Management and Business Analytics (Clark)
Businesses are built around processes, and processes must be able to adapt and change for a business to remain competitive. In this module, we’ll cover the basics of process analysis and process improvement.
In this module, you will learn the value of data. Specifically, you will learn to prepare and analyze data, converting raw data into meaningful information. You will learn to identify business problems and model potential solutions to provide the insights necessary to make informed and effective business decisions through hands-on experience with spreadsheet modeling in Microsoft Excel.
Day 2. Project Management Excellence– tools for improving productivity (Briggs)
The session will introduce participants to a results-oriented approach that views project management as a vehicle for process improvement and cultural change across an organization. This framework will introduce some important guiding principles, but more importantly, it will give participants the opportunity to apply both principles and tools to their own project.
Not Project Management as Usual
- The Root Cause of Our Project Problems: Action vs. Execution (Exercise)
- The House of Project Management Excellence
- Seven Guiding Principles
- Developing a Continuous Improvement Framework
Tools for Managing Projects
- Team and Project Charters (Exercise)
- Understanding and Managing Stakeholders (Exercise)
- A Brief Introduction to Project Planning (Using a Cloud-Based Collaboration Tool) (Exercise)
- Variations on a Theme: Critical Chain and Agile
- Feedback and Next Steps