Develop Real-World Skills for Success in Project Management
Project management is becoming increasingly important to the modern business enterprise as an engine of change. Rapid innovation and adaptation have become increasingly vital to achieving success in the marketplace, and project management concepts and frameworks are a source of sustainable competitive advantage. Professionals who take these courses acquire concrete skills and an understanding of project management processes that can immediately be applied to their work.
Online Certificate in Project Management
Format: The online project management certificate is comprised of four three-week courses with one-week breaks between.
Estimated Time Commitment: Each course requires approximately 3 to 5 hours each week, including one weekly synchronous online session.
Flexible Pricing: All four courses taken together cost $3,200. Taken separately, each three-week course costs $895. Those registering for the entire certificate save $380.
Flexible Payment Options: Please take advantage of special discount offers listed below.
We now accept PayPal! Students who qualify for PayPal Credit can take advantage of interest-free offers that enable you to spread payments over several months. If you need an individual payment plan, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
Registering early? We can bill you 2 weeks before class starts. Select ‘Bill Me Before Class Starts’ as a payment option when you checkout.
Is your employer paying for the course? Select ‘Send My Employer an Invoice’ as the payment option to reserve your spot in class and put the employer’s info into the billing address details and we can invoice them directly.
NEW – 35% discount for certificate and individual online courses. Use code SAVE35 at checkout.
50% off – Kelley School of Business alumni
Discounts are also available for IU staff. Contact Trudi at email@example.com or complete the form for promotional codes.
Spring: Feb through May 2021
New benefits for Kelley alumni!
People who earn this certificate:
- Can identify the core principles of a modern project management approach that integrates people with technology solutions.
- Understand how projects fit into the strategy realization efforts and overall structure of an enterprise
- Can explain at least two Project Management Institute (PMI) frameworks as well as an industry standard framework for the Agile framework (Scrum)
- Apply basic project management methods for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing a project
- Understand and apply advanced project management concepts
Project Management Curriculum
- Understand where projects fit into the enterprise landscape and how they flow from and link to corporate strategy–helping you articulate project justification and value
- Gain a broader context for defining project value and visibility to related initiatives
- Learn how to ensure that your project reflects existing enterprise standards and support capabilities
- Learn the critical elements that will enable you to anticipate project impacts, understand project needs, and set expectations, positioning your project for success
- Focus and articulate a project’s purpose while identifying, classifying, and engaging stakeholders, minimizing resistance
- Explore how different problems require unique approaches and how to find the right method and team to implement the desired approach
- Understand how to deploy the appropriate product management approach
- Know the basics of a predictive/waterfall project methodology to effectively plan, execute, control, and close a project
- Learn the basics of an adaptive/agile methodology to manage and close a project using the adaptive approach
- Understand methods to assess and engage project stakeholders and manage stakeholder journeys to ensure ongoing support and end-user acceptance of changes
- Learn techniques for making a project flow smoothly and prepare for project pitfalls, building your credibility as a leader
- Build awareness of industry developments in methods and tools that may impact the future of project management, keeping you current with leading practices