Fundamentals and advanced skills in data analytics
Analytics increasingly is a source of competitive advantage for businesses as well as a tool for improved effectiveness and efficiency. Leaders in all functional roles, including human resources/talent management, marketing, operations, product development, etc., from industries such as consumer packaged goods, logistics, healthcare, and more are looking to leverage data to create value. They are turning to quantitative analysis and strategies such as operations research, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, text mining, and associated IT tools to address real-life problems such as:
- What issues impact their customers’ buying decisions and which issues are just noise.
- What is the likelihood of success for a new product based on collected market data.
- How to identify specific customer markets using a a large data set from a survey.
- What are the statistically significant predictors for employee turnover, and how to streamline them into the three to four factors that can be used to create a retention strategy.
The Kelley School of Business Executive Education Digital Badge Program introduces managers and high-potential leaders to a variety of analytics techniques and software tools so that they can interpret and act on data, and to more effectively communicate with their data science teamThe online course begins with the basics of problem definition and data preparation, including ways to address missing values, outliers, and skewed distributions. Next, participants will learn to identify appropriate analytical techniques based on data structure and problem definition. Techniques to be studied include linear regression, logistic regression, discriminant analysis, principal component analysis, cluster analysis, and neural networks. These will be covered via a combination of video content and live, interactive class time with a variety of software including Excel and R.
Test-drive a graduate certificate or degree
When you receive your digital badge, you’ll have the option to take an Assurance of Learning exam to earn 3 credit hours that can be applied to the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate, which is one of several 12 credit hour graduate certificate programs offered by Executive Degree Programs. The certificate can be applied to the Executive Degree Programs online MS in Business Analytics or MBA program.
Predictive Analytics for Business Applications Digital Badge
Two Flexible Paths: This program will consist of 10, one hour live synchronous sessions held weekly and will include both practical exercises and quizzes. Videos that introduce theories or concepts will be available to watch prior to class. Class time (live virtual sessions) will focus on working with real-world data sets and learning how to apply the theories/concepts that were introduced in the videos.
- Digital Badge Requirements: Learners are expected to participate live in weekly webinars, along with completing the associated quiz following each session. To earn the Predictive Analytics for Business Applications digital badge, participants must complete at least eight of the 10 quizzes with a score of at least 80%. A maximum of two attempts per quiz will be allowed. Upon completion of the program, students will receive a digital badge to share on their resume, LinkedIn profile, and other sites.
- Digital Badge + Credits: To earn IU academic credit for completing the series, a learner must achieve an average score of at least 80% on eight of the 10 quizzes, complete four homework assignments, and pass a final exam. Participants who pass the Assurance of Learning (AOL) exam after successful completion of the program will be eligible to have 3 graduate credit hours “waived” toward the 12 credit Business Analytics Graduate Certificate*. Students who complete the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate may then choose to transfer 12 credits to the Executive Degree Programs Online MBA. This stackable credential is ideal for students looking to ultimately complete a degree program within the Kelley School of Business, or for students whose tuition assistance programs require the courses to be credit-bearing for eligibility.
*Application and acceptance to the graduate certificate program is required. For more information on transferring credits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditations: Continuing Education Credits Eligible/.6 CEUs per course/3.0 CEUs per certificate
Estimated Time Commitment: 10 weeks, three to four hours per week
Refund/Cancelation Policy: To cancel, please contact us seven days before the course begins or we will be unable to refund your course fees. Substitutions may be made any time before the start of the program.
Tuition and fees: Full digital badge program is $2,700. Digital Badge and Graduate Credit waiver option is $3,000.
Includes instruction & materials, digital badge. Graduate credit option includes examination and 3 IU graduate credit waiver to be applied to the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate. Graduate credit option is eligible for company tuition reimbursement funding that requires credit bearing program.
reimbursement funding that requires credit bearing program.
New benefits for Kelley alumni!
Predictive Analytics for Business Applications Digital Badge Overview
This program will consist of 10 webinars and will include both practical exercises and quizzes. After successful completion of the requirements listed below, students will be eligible to receive a digital badge signifying participation and achievement.
Outline of topics
- Introduction to Data and Predictive Analytics
- Introduction to R and R Studio
- Prepping Data for Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Linear Regression Models
- Logistic Regression Models
- PCA, Factor Analysis, and Cluster Analysis
- Neural Networks and K-nearest Neighbors
Participants are expected to participate live in weekly webinars, along with completing the associated quiz following each session. To earn the Predictive Analytics for Business Applications digital badge, students must complete at least 8 of the 10 quizzes with a score of at least 80%. A maximum of two attempts per quiz will be allowed.
To earn IU academic credit for completing the series, a student must achieve an average score of at least 80% on 8 of the 10 quizzes, complete four homework assignments, and pass the final exam.